About the Arizona Daily Star and Tucson.com
Founded in 1877, the Arizona Daily Star is an industry leader in journalistic excellence and digital innovation. It is among the most honored media organizations in the Southwest:
- Winner of the Pulitzer Prize
- National “Newspaper of the Year” three times by Local Media Association, one of North America’s largest news media trade associations
- Named Arizona’s top daily newspaper three times by the Arizona Newspaper Association
- Twice named “One of 10 Newspapers That Do It Right,” by Editor & Publisher magazine
- Winner of American Society of News Editors’ Diversity in Journalism Award.
The Star’s mission statement includes these guiding principles:
- To be an essential part of our readers’ daily lives, empowering our community as the premier provider of news and information for and about Greater Tucson.
- To be connected and involved, conveying a dogged pursuit for the truth, a passion for gathering local news and opinion and a strong sense of place.
- To publish the highest quality, most trusted and most relevant local and regional content in a timely way that builds community, supports local business and celebrates diversity of opinions.
The Arizona Daily Star has the largest news and advertising staffs in Southern Arizona.